Saturday, September 5, 2009

ramona age 8

I was commissioned yesterday to make a birthday cake. Hell, I remember when not burning frozen pizzas used to be a chore for me. Now, people are paying me to bake for their children's birthday parties.

I went with my standard Rocky Mountain Cake recipe with my new favorite frosting recipe from VegWeb. I also put strawberries on it because why the hell now. I think I overdid the strawberries but Mo (the birthday girl) seemed to enjoy it.

Really, it's become quite easy for me to put this all together and the fun part was I got to enjoy a kid's birthday party at an arcade. Raven and I played a new Gauntlet and we did well for our first time. It's a Saturday morning and I'm at an arcade with a seemingly endless amount of quarters in my pocket. When I was eleven or twelve, if I could have one wish for when I was older, this probably would have been it. Well, this and a dog and, hey, look, all my dreams are coming true. :)

No comments: