Saturday, September 5, 2009

going with a theme

Despite my many posts about karaoke, I really don't like it that much. Particularly at the Galaxy, you get the same people coming in and doing the same songs. Throw in a bunch of drunk party-goers (wedding party, birthday party, etc) and you've got a typical night there. So last night, when we settled on going there, I wasn't really thrilled. However, we made it our own and it was wonderful.

I sang four new songs due to the fact that we went with three different themes. The first theme was smooth and mellow (possibly depressing) songs from the seventies and eighties. I went with Heat of the Moment (although I didn't do it as good as Cartman). The next theme was obscure showtunes. Dominic did one from Chorus line, Ashes did a lesser known one from Rocky Horror and I did Stockard Channing proud by singing There Are Worse Things I Could Do from Grease which I surprisingly absolutely loved! Next was the Donnie Darko set. Dominic sang Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division), Ashes sang Gary Jules' Mad World and I sang Under the Milky Way by the Church. What was wonderful was that the KJ then unexpectedly finished the set with singing Head over Heels by Tears for Fears. It was fabulous!

My final new song (Whitesnake's Here I Go Again) wasn't in a theme, besides the general theme of having a silly fun time.

No comments: