Sunday, September 6, 2009

just one new layout

Since this is a blog about new things, I decided that I needed to change it up a bit and update it. I looked around at new layouts but I wasn't really sold on any of them. I'm more of your basic black with accent colors anyway. I have been wanting to get labels on the front page though so the page will be easier to navigate. It's something I've seen on other blogs and I like it. However that meant doing a lot of work on previous posts.

I went back over each post and categorized it. You can see that I have several categories. I took some liberties with some of the assumed definitions of the labels too. "Food" also encompasses new drinks. "Family" can include close friends and pets but not Dean (who surprisingly on has 17 posts about him). "Holidays" can include birthdays. Home maintenance includes lawn maintenance. "Stores" includes new businesses. Actually, maybe that's what I'll call it.

Not surprisingly, "Work" had the most posts so far with 62. I spend the majority of my waking life at work and my work isn't typical from day to day so it provides me with a lot of source material. Proudly, I can see that "travels" was second with 42. I love traveling and almost every European post was labeled as such. Food and "Local bars" tied for 3rd with 40 posts each. Again, that wasn't surprising. "Transportation" (planes, trains, autos, scooters, bikes, ferries) and "music shows" (mainly Riot Cop Europa 2007) came in fourth with 37 posts each.

There were also some items like "plants" (working with my houseplant) and other items like "games" (Mafia [not the facebook version]) which sadly only had one post each. I like games. Maybe I should try new games more often.

Anway, it was a relatively weak new thing but it was nice for me to reflect. I actually do really like this blog. Sometimes it may feel like a chore but I basically use it as a source of documentation, not as revealing as my journals used to be but it's still good to look back on how I've been spending the last two years and three months.

No comments: