Saturday, September 12, 2009

quasi-art

 
 
  
I think that my musical taste has gone awry.  When I see bands like Quasi, I have to stop and think, "Why don't I listen to more bands like this more often?"  I've been cheap and lazy, getting any new music ideas from casual internet searches, radio paradise or the clubs.

Needless to say, I loved this show.  It was too short but it was good.  The show took place in an abandoned school in the middle of Portland.  What does Portland do with old, empty schools?  They start serving drinks!  I've never really been into the art scene but I did enjoy this Time-Based Art exhibit.  Besides the show, they did a light show on the outside of the building and had several art exhibits instead.  Being at a music show at an abandoned building with drinks being served reminded me a little of the Kopi in Europe.  It was cool that it happened in my town.  Now if I could just get better schooled in local music, maybe I'd appreciate it even more.

No comments: