Saturday, June 16, 2012

return of the pedi or the search for spokes (star trek vs star wars 3)





This ride has gotten a lot bigger since the last time I went on it. While many of the costumes (and of course the AT-AT walker) were impressive, I was a little disappointed that not more people were dressed up. Plus, I think that the Star Wars costumes were a lot more impressive because they are a lot flashier than the standard Trek uniform. Well, next year, I might just bring flashy back with Khan. Or I might cave and go with Star Wars. At any rate, I want to start on my costume earlier and not end up wearing polyester. It doesn't breathe! Sigh, the things I'll do to look authentic.

Here's my YouTube video of the ride:



What else?
Yesterday, we had the Gayest Ride of the Year. I love that this is a ride in Pedalpalooza but it's also usually the tamest ride of the year. I brought Andrew and my stereo this time though. I had made a playlist at work and then went home and zip-tied my radio to the front of my bike. I think that it went over great. I had a number of people asking me about it which was cool. I'll have to break it back out for next week's Lit and Loud Ride.

Also, today, I did laundry and decided it was too nice of a day to use the dryer so I strung up some string in the back and hung my laundry out to dry. It felt good to be able to do that instead of wasting the dryer energy.

No comments: