Sunday, June 24, 2012

fair obligations

Since 2009, I've given this weekend up to the country fair. I shouldn't complain about it but it's beginning to wear on me. There's always a lot to do on fourth weekend in Portland. Ashes and Victory were given tickets to the Portland vs Seattle soccer game and there was a Browncoats showing of Serenity and a few select episodes of Firefly that I would have like to have gone to but nope, I'm Eugene-bound. Next year, I might just camp there instead of spending 8 hours in a car.

Yesterday, Ashes, Raven, Victory and I all went down. Victory found some construction projects while the rest of us hauled bamboo. It also rained for the first time in fair setup for me. That didn't really help me in wanting to be there. However, just walking onto the land restores a sense of calm in me. Also, I just need to keep my eyes on the prize. Fair week is coming up in two short weeks. I can't wait. Today, I drove down there with Victory. It was my first time driving to fair and the first time driving Ashes' car out of town. I also went to the newly required Humane Intervention Training which actually was pretty entertaining.

I like the fair and I like most of the people there so I'm not going to complain. I just wish there was more purpose or less effort in getting down there.

No comments: