Friday, June 1, 2012

baddest on the block

There's a house just down the street from our house. It's a rental and it's always been kind of unkempt. I used to take Dean by there when he wanted to eat weeds (for his digestion) until a few weeks ago when the hipsters that rent there cut all of the weeds down. They also tilled up the yard, put some stones around it and made it into a cute garden. My initial reaction was, shit, now we're the most unruly yard in the immediate area.

Our yards have taken over. The grass/weeds are really really long and there are new types of plants popping up all of the time. I swore that I'd work on it after I finished with my paper (and saw the Avengers). Today, I started to work on it (for the first time) but it kind of just looks like I gave the yard a bad hair cut. It's too long to mow over at this point so it needs a weed eater. I borrowed one from Ashes and took care of a small section of the yard but then it started to rain.

We're in for a stretch of rainy weather so I imagine that the plants will just continue to grow. Dean loves running through the tall weeds but I'd love to just cut it all back except for the rose bushes and the irises. Maybe I'll have the ambition to do so when the weather gets better.

No comments: