Tuesday, June 12, 2012

the one, two, three punch

Life has been good to me for some time now. I don't know if you can tell by my posts lately but everything seems to be going right with me except for work. Well, work decided to take an extra big dump on me today. I was due.

However, I just read that holding a grudge is letting someone live in your mind rent-free. I don't get paid enough to think about work when I'm not there. I'm going to turn at least two of these negatives into a positive. I originally posted a list of the crap was dealt this morning. I went back and changed it though because I'm not going to dwell on the negative. It will consume me and I've got too much else going on to allow that.

What else?
 
My new thing today (because taking shit at work is anything but new now) was driving my first Car2Go. It lightly sprinkled today but I biked so much yesterday that I wasn't willing to put up with anything less than perfection today so I checked out the car. It was easy but a little scary to drive due to the size. To paraphrase my friend Michael, I'm used to driving around a leather sofa so this itty bitty contraption was a different experience. Still, it was convenient and, even though I didn't officially end my reservation when I parked, they called me (two and a half hours later) and said that they think that I meant to lock it. Since it was my "maiden voyage," they didn't charge me for the extra time. So my morning didn't turn out to be a complete failure.

No comments: