Saturday, June 9, 2012

the doctor rides



A lot of times, these pedalpalooza rides are just about getting on a bike, in a costume, and presenting a solid unified front while making a spectacle of ourselves. That's one of the things I love about them. I figured this evening's ride, The Doctor Who Ride, would be not different except that most people wouldn't know what we were dressed as. However, this ride was a lot more about being a fan of the Doctor.

We started out having a quick contest. I went dressed as Rory because it was easy. However, when I went to line up with the others for the contest judging, one of the organizers asked me what I was doing. I had to explain my costume which is not a good sign. I'm in a couple of pictures above. Here's what I was going for:
I was the only Rory so I guess that's something.

Anyway, after the contest we headed to Pizza Schmizza to see the Dalek statue there. Then we went to Voodoo Donuts for some custom made Doctor Who donuts. It was then on to Rose and Thistle for a long Doctor Who trivia game in which I met some fun fellas. We made one more stop quick to see a phone booth in the yard of a house even though it wasn't blue like the TARDIS. Finally, we concluded at the Tardis Room at Fish and Chips for my first time there.

It was a long experience but it was a lot of fun. Dressing up as Star Wars/Star Trek is fun and more recognizable but the truth is I'm a bigger Doctor Who fan than I am for either of those shows. Still, this year's Star Wars vs Star Trek ride is next week and I already have my costume ready.

What else?
Andrew was a sweetie and waited for me near the Tardis room even though we were running over an hour late. We ended up eating late at night at The Delta Room which is very similar to the Delta on Woodstock except this one has yummy vegan collard greens!

No comments: