Friday, June 22, 2012

lit and loud in 2012

 Sigh, it's the end of another Pedalpalooza for me. The celebration goes on for another week but due to other obligations, tonight was my last ride. Unfortunately, it's not a ride I really love. The Lit and Loud ride has gotten a lot bigger since it first began in 2010. I was a little more excited about it this year because I had made plans in advance. Last year, I bought my stereo with the intention of taking it on Pedalpalooza rides. Plus, I bought solar powered Christmas lights with two purposes in mind: Country Fair and the Lit and Loud ride. So Andrew and I encompassed our bikes in the lights and I strapped my stereo to the front of my bike again. However, I couldn't really hear it most of the time because the other bike stereos (and there were a lot of them) were REALLY loud.

We ended up biking downtown. People still clapped but after going down there for the WNBR, everything else kind of pales in comparison. Still, it was enjoyable and the party continued long after I was done.

What else?
In other biking news, I biked to work with my quickest time ever: 9 minutes and 50 seconds!

No comments: