Tuesday, February 16, 2010

what i wanted to learn in college

Tonight, a classmate and I met to prepare our presentation for class.  We're doing a presentation with four other people but we hadn't really worked out our part very well.  We've been trying to do it over e-mail but that's failed something spectacularly so we decided to do it in person.  I was thinking at a library but he was thinking at a bar.

It's weird but I did want to actually focus on this assignment and I was determined that we wouldn't be able to do it at a bar.  Still, I didn't have a better suggestion since the only time we could meet was after 9pm.  To top it off, it's Mardi Gras night.  This night used to mean fun, dressing up and debauchery to me.  Now, it was just a free night to continue studying.

We met at the Night Light which was probably a great choice considering how low key it is.  And, surprise, we actually did get a good amount of our presentation figured out.  However, more importantly than that, we got to just hang out outside of school and stayed out til around midnight just gabbing.  When I decided to go back to school, I was really looking forward to just meeting some cool people and I think Allyn is one of those people.  He has been and he's going a hell of a good social worker.  He's got a plan and I feel fortunate to get to know him.  He's a gamer but not a Wii gamer.  He's into the war games which I would never play.  However, we did find common ground in Final Fantasy which I really miss.  We also talked about where each of us are coming from and what each of us want to do.  I don't know why but it was really refreshing.

This social work studies is really doing a number on my whole misanthrope persona.  That's a good thing.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Ya know, Final Fantasy XIII is coming out in early March :) ...but sorry, no Wii.

topher darling said...

I know. I saw screen shots that made me want to drop out of college just so I'd have time to play it. In 3 1/2 years, I will take some time to play it!