Friday, February 19, 2010

off to a good start

And so my getaway begins.

It took three hours to drive here at Waldport from my house.  On the way out, I had a chance to think about what I want to get out of this vacation.  It's just two nights but I'm going to be by myself.  I want to relax by getting away from what's been causing so much pressure and I'm not just talking about school and work.  I constantly feel the pressure to go out just by being a single gay man.  I've been hiding from going out a lot, using school as an excuse.  However, I think that I could do it all.  I just need to figure out how I want to go about doing 'it all.'

The beach alleviates a LOT of pressure.  Within the first 10 minutes of walking on the beach with Dean, I knew that the expense of this weekend was all worth it.  Man, that was relaxing.  The car I rented to get here was nice too and the house is great.  It may be a bit small for a family but I think it's perfect for me.  I watched the sunset over the ocean from the porch today.

I really have no clue what I am going to do tomorrow but I am glad I'm here.

No comments: