Thursday, February 18, 2010

feel it coming together

Today I had my friend Jess from Phame come talk to two groups of our clients at work.  It was nice because A) Phame is awesome and I think that a lot of my clients would get something good out of it and B) I've never arranged for a guest speaker at work, especially not a friend that I've known for over a decade(!).

I also wanted her to be able to see a sampling of my current work environment and I was interested in seeing her on the the job because we've worked together for a few years at different organizations and in various capacities.  Really, it's weird to think that we both began as cashiers at a video store in Kearney, Nebraska and now we're each helping manage separate advocacy organizations for people with disabilities in Portland, Oregon.

No comments: