Thursday, February 4, 2010

placement fair

We had our placement fair for the school of social work today.  I was told to go but I don't really know why.  There were a whole lot of organizations and businesses there that I could end with interning with next year but the problem is I don't get a choice.  They're just going to put me with someone.  It's kind of frightening.  I'm gonna be stuck working two days a week for 30 weeks with someone that I didn't select.  In the past I've been known to quit jobs within 14 days if I wasn't happy.  I hope this will be okay.

If I did have my choice though, I don't know who I'd want to intern with.  I like Bridges to Independence a lot.  I think they do awesome work and I think it could be a mutually-beneficial internship.  However, I may be working with folks with DD for the rest of my life.  This may be one of the few opportunities to try something new with not a lot to lose.

I didn't even get much of a chance to shop around though today.  I got there at the last hour of the fair and several booths were already packing their stuff up.  I've been there but I was a bit disappointed.  I did get to see some former classmates that I haven't seen yet this year.  They all looked a lot more confident than I am.  I won't find out about where I'm placed until next quarter though so I shouldn't get worked up about it now.

What else?
My housemate is trying to fatten us up.  We've had awesome meals all week.  Today was no exception but it was lamb stew (not real lamb obviously) and bread with cheese fondue.  I ate so damn much.  Oi.

No comments: