Saturday, February 13, 2010

topher's bike adventure

What a glorious Saturday day and it started out at Dairy Queen of all places.

One of the clients at work has his birthday the day before mine.  We were talking about it last week and he asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him and Connie for our birthdays.  I agreed because my co-worker Connie is one of my best friends at work and I thought we would do it during work hours.  However, it turned out to be on a Saturday.  So I biked to Division, took the bus to SE 136th and Division.  I turned out to not be there though.  It was at 136th and Foster instead so I biked there quick.  While biking there, I passed the Springwater Corridor and I discovered how I was going to get back.

Lunch was good.  I was going to try to eat healthy at Dairy Queen but then I thought that would just be silly so I indulged in a choco-cherry blizzard and fries.  I knew I would have to work the calories off later though.

The bike back down the Springwater corridor was great.  I've barely biked the corridor and it has been a goal of mine to go further out.  I can say that I have seen it up until 128th now.  I did have to cross some busy roads but it was nice to mostly be on a bike path.  I even went without my helmet because a lack of cars makes it unnecessary.  Also, the frogs were singing on the side of the path so I immersed myself in my ride and went without headphones as well.

I biked down to the Sellwood bridge, losing the corridor near the Goodwill bins.  It was my first time across the Sellwood bridge.  This led me to the Willamette Greenway Trail.  It was mostly along the same path that we took for the kiwanis walk.  However, it went on further through the westside waterfront area.  What the Greenway trail did (and what the Corridor fails to do) is draw arrows on the pavement when it gets off a clear trail.  That helped guide me to PSU where I did some running on elliptical machine and did a light workout.

I'd say I burned off my calories and in the most delightful way...well, maybe the second most delightful way. ;)

What else?
I also went to Bishops downtown when I was there and got a desperately-needed haircut at a new site from a new stylist.

Also, in the evening I went to Homomentum.  It was pretty much like every other Homomentum which is to say fabulous.  An added bonus was a stand-up routine about polyamory based upon Abbott and Costello's Who's on First.  However this one was "Who's on Friday?"  The premise was that the two guys were in an open polyamorous relationship where one of the stipulations was that they tell each other who they are seeing and on what night.  The schtick was that "Who" was Friday's date, "What" was Saturday's date and "I Don't Know" was Sunday's date.  It was very well done and well written.  I only wish I had been able to hear it better.

1 comment:

justin said...

sitting here listening to fleet foxes in beautiful cabo and your words made me wish i was back in portland. nice.