Saturday, April 11, 2009

at the blowpony


It's weird to have a queer dance party night at a queer bar. I wish that more of the queer bars would just have people dancing regularly. But I guess that's too much to hope for. Hey, the last time I was at the Eagle, the place was virtually empty so this is a vast improvement.

I love the queer dance parties though just because they aren't like regular bar cruising nights. People may be cruising but some people are just there to dance. Also, they are an anomaly because they're not all about body-image. In fact, it's about being comfortable with what you got. Honestly, I credit the lesbian-influence for that. There are definitely lesbians that are body image snobs but it's not as prevelant as it is in the gay male camp. So when the lesbians and the gays get together for a dance party, everybody's welcome. It was a mixed crowd too, queers and a few straights, but it doesn't matter because everyone was just there to have fun!

(Incidentally, I was having so much fun that I didn't take a picture of the place and had to find a picture on-line. It wasn't from last night but it was from a Blowpony previously. Whoever took it owns it and has my appreciation for fine photography.)

No comments: