Sunday, April 12, 2009

staying in touch

Alright, I did it. I signed up for Facebook. I wearing my non-membership proudly, like the fact that I have never seen Top Gun. But I bet there's a lot more people I know that aren't on Facebook than people that haven't seen Top Gun.

Anyway, I signed up for this additional social networking site at my mom's request. Being the good son I am, I sucked up my pride and did it. And I really don't regret it.

Quickly, I was able to find over a dozen people that I went to McCook Community College with. These are people that I completely lost contact with, especially after I graduated from UNK. It's made me realize that I really do miss them, wherever they may all be now. Facebook is an awful, time-sucking device but it's great to see what they're up to and how many kids everyone has. It's weird to think that it's been 13 years since I left MCC. It feels like just last year I was roasting in the detention camp that passed for the boys' side of the dorm.

I'm going to try to limit myself and not spend too much time on Facebook and I'm only going to use it to stay in contact with those not in Portland. It makes sense that way.

Besides, through Facebook, I was able to find this picture of my niece Marley. She's the cutie on the right.

No comments: