Wednesday, April 22, 2009

ctrl-alt-delete therapy

When the computer freezes and is thinking too hard, the solution is usually to push ctrl-alt-delete and shut down a few of the tasks to try to help it push through the one important task. Usually this is where people criticize computers and curse them for not performing properly but who wouldn't love these keys. I think that sounds like a marvelous idea. I want some of these buttons, readily accessible.

In sharp contrast to Sunday, I've been having minor panic attacks since yesterday. I've begun growling at people when they try to give me new assignments. I've been trying to come up with more hours during the workday. Finally today, I hit those three buttons and told my boss I had to leave.

For my training class, I need to complete a homework assignment. It's supposed to be done during work and is supposed to take 6-8 hours. I don't have 6-8 hours to give. I left an hour and a half early today and got it done. It was the only way I could do it, by shutting down all other functions right then and focusing on the most pressing. I think multi-tasking is overrated. I'm so fucking overwhelmed right now that multi-tasking has meant everything gets performed at a half-assed level at the same time. It's better if I stop and shut down any unnecessary jobs to focus on the vital ones or else I may just shut down altogether.

No comments: