Saturday, April 25, 2009

on pins and needles

Today was a great example of why this blog is good for me. I've never given acupuncture much of a thought. I don't fear needles but I'm not that excited about them either. However, the Brooklyn Community Acupuncture clinic was offering free acupuncture sessions and I decided that I didn't really have anything to lose.

I do believe that it has it's value. As my vet said when she recommended it for Dean, the fact that it works for dogs is proof that it's not just a placebo effect. I don't know that I necessarily felt a lot better afterwards but then again, I just went in for neck and shoulder tension. They also said that it sometimes takes three to four sessions to see results. I would strongly recommend the place just for the atmosphere. They had some crouching tiger music going on in a dimly lit room while I sat in a recliner and there was a fountain behind me. I think that if I developed major pain (knocking on wood now), I'd definitely know where to go.

No comments: