Saturday, April 11, 2009

faire and unfair


This year, instead of just attending the Oregon Country Fair, I'm going to work the fair. I'll be working at Community Village in the Doors of Expression booth which means I get to camp overnight there. I'm looking forward to this primarily due to the people who were so friendly and accepting and just generally good folk.

Today, I went to my first OCF meeting. I was glad to meet everyone that I'm going to be seeing for a week solid in July and it gave me more to look forward to. However, I double-booked myself today. A co-worker's daughter was having a fashion show for her senior project and I was supposed to go. I was looking forward to it but the meeting landed at the same time so I knew I would be late. Well, then my scooter refused to start.

I was relatively close to the Scooter Street so I pushed it down there where the shop owner basically said I'm going to be looking at an increasing cost of repairs soon enough so I should consider putting down money for a new scooter because I'll probably end up paying for one, bit by bit, over the years with repairs on my current scooter. That sucks. Scooters should last more than three years.

Anyway, I was all dressed up, not the OCF people but for the fashion show I never got to. Sigh, all dressed up and no way to go.

No comments: