Sunday, April 10, 2011

my late local discovery

Since I stopped going to The Pub at End of the Universe, I haven't found a good, local bar.  However, this is kind of a mute point now that I'm moving.  This morning, I biked to Muffin HQ and walked down to Circa 33 to try their brunch with my friend Jess.  I love this place so much that I think it will be my new local hangout.  However, I'm not there yet. 

Justin, Jenn and I decided later on to try the Gladstone Pub which is relatively close to my current house.  I'm surprised that I haven't been there before since I've lived in the neighborhood for seven years but better late than never.  It was nice and I may want to go back but it's just not as comfy for me as I think that my local watering hole should be.  Still, it was fun hanging out.  Afterwards, we all went back to my house and watched Black Swan (intense!) and a IMAX show on beavers.  It was silly fun.  "What are they doing, Ashes??"(I just added that because it will make me laugh later when I forget but stumble upon this post.)

No comments: