Monday, April 25, 2011

done with the droid

I've given this damn phone a lot of chances but it's failed me one too many times.  This weekend, it stopped reading my 16gb memory card, stating that the card had been dismounted.  I hadn't moved the phone in between the time when the card was mounted and then dismounted so I knew that it wasn't a user error.  I switched it out with my 8gb memory card which appeared to work for a few days.  However, my phone told me again this morning that the card was dismounted and then had the gall to tell me to stop doing that.

I called Verizon and told them about the issue.  They tried to run me through some trouble-shooting quick fixes which I had already tried.  Then they tried offering to send me another droid.  I told them that I had gone through this before and I wasn't having it again.  I informed them that they would be sending me an Iphone instead of another droid.  If the Iphone had been available back when I originally ordered the droid, I'm pretty sure that I would have went with it.  Now that it is available, I'm not willing to put up with any shit from a droid.

The Verizon rep told me that they couldn't upgrade my phone because I wasn't due for an upgrade until 2012.  I told them that they can make it work because, if they were to send me a new droid, it would be my fifth "new" droid in less than a year, all due to faulty hardware issues.  In the end, I won and I'll be getting my Iphone later on this week.  Yes, it may sound like I was a dick but I worked in customer service long enough to know that the rules and regulations are just suggestions and guidelines for people who don't want to make a fuss.  After four defective phones, I was not above raising a fuss.

No comments: