Sunday, April 3, 2011

just another sunday

A good amount of my time and a considerable amount of my thoughts are taken up my painting these days.  The blue of my room is a distinct color and I want to coordinate some of my belongings with it so I'm always thinking paint color.  When I can, I try to get over and paint too.  It's a good thing school is easy this quarter because it does not have my full attention.  Even when I'm in class, I'm looking at the rust orange color on the walls and wondering if I made a mistake with the blue.

Sophia and I painted again today but first we took a long brunch break with Martin and Tim and wandered around Alberta, exploring shops that I have never been too including Healthy Pets Northwest (where I bought Dean a new toy), Back to Eden Bakery, Monograph Bookwerks (pictured above) and Pie Footwear.  I can't say that I wasn't anxious to get back to painting but hey, it's Sophia's house and her timeline.  I have to calm down and just enjoy the ride.

What else?
 We painted the bathroom today and, in taking down the mirror, found a beat-up old hole for the medicine cabinet.  We'll probably leave a surprise back there before we seal it back up but I took the opportunity today to paint a cryptic message.  It's probably be more cryptic if it wasn't in light lemon yellow paint.

No comments: