Friday, April 15, 2011

dave's world

Today I crossed the boundaries of my internship into friendships.  I've went out with my co-workers at my internship before but it's always been for a work-related outing.  It's either been holiday parties or retreats.  However, today, it got personal.

Dave was hosting his monthly potluck at his house for his family friends and decided to invite people from his work for the first time.  He invited all of us supervisors from his house but only three of us showed up and one brought her partner.  Other than that, there was Dave and his partner and their two kids and maybe three other couples with four kids divided up between them.  The people were all really cool.  One of the young children identified as he and had a boy's name but wore frilly apron and ruby slippers.

Dave's house is pretty cool too with a beautiful garden and a great chicken run for his chickens.  It's also nicely painted.  Since I've been working on painting with Sophia, I've been very fascinated by people's painting scheme.  It was very cozy and inviting.  Also, at the end of the potluck, the kids put on a performance and we all got an instrument to play with them.  It was sweet and wholesome and fun.  I kind of need more of that in my life.

No comments: