Thursday, April 14, 2011

so-lame, oregon

Alright, I may be an elitist snob but, man, I hate going to Salem.  Not only did I have to go to So-lame today but I had to get to work 45 minutes early to meet two co-workers so we could drive down together and sit through a four hour annual CPR class.  This CPR class hasn't changed a lot in the nine years that I've been with the company but I still have to take it every year.  I could tell the instructor's jokes for him because they haven't changed either.

Normally, I would get to take the class at our office in Portland but it was full last week so they sent me down to Salem.  It wouldn't be so bad but I don't have a lot of time at my desk these days with school and my internship and the fact that I keep bringing new clients into my stores.  Oh well, I guess I should just be grateful that I have a job that trusts me to travel, gives me training and pays for my lunch.

It was a new experience for me going to our Salem offices and it was also new for me to go to Vitas Cafe.  It was a nice vegetarian refuge in Salem.  I used to know people who lived in Salem but commuted daily to Portland for work.  I have nightmares that involve that same scenario.

What else?
I realized today trying to write a paper at a country bar while ordering drinks from a cute bartender will prove to be an unsuccessful endeavor.  I went to Landmark Saloon in SE Portland today because I read they have great Wi-Fi and Thursdays are slower days there.  It's a nice bar but, after an Irish coffee and two stouts, my computer screen started to get real bright and my sentences stopped making sense.  I will most likely be hitting up a coffee shop this weekend to finish my paper.

No comments: