Thursday, April 21, 2011

replacement for rocco's

During vegan pizza month (otherwise known as March), I found out that Rocco's closed it's doors.  While the place was dirty and the pizza wasn't good, I was still saddened by this because it was a landmark for me.  It sat right across the street from Powells and just down the block from the gay ghetto.  I would frequent the place often, especially if I was in the neighborhood and just wanted some cheap and filling food.  I took my parents and my grandma there in 2003 and they weren't exactly impressed.  In hindsight, it was a bad idea but, with IBP shutting down, I'm really feeling the loss for local pizza places with character.  Enter American Dream Pizza.

ADP fits with IBP and Rocco's in that it's not good pizza but it's a colorful place.  ADP looks like it's out of the eighties but I don't know if that's a conscious choice in decor or not.  Ashes and I went there because it's near their soon-to-be house.  It's not that far from me either and I can see myself going there with them on visits.

No comments: