Saturday, April 23, 2011

sun hike

The rain has been relentless lately but this week was a slight relief.  I seriously evaluated everyday this week, seeing if it would be possible for me to call in sick.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  I went home 'sick' an hour or two several days throughout the week which was a nice relief but it wasn't the same as having a day in the sun.  That's what made today so special.

I had the plan to go hiking with Arturo and it evolved into a group hike which also included Corrina, Lori Ann, her dog Saylor and Kansas.  Kansas is the only dog you can really see in the picture above.  I remember when she was small enough to ride in milk crate on the back of a bike.  I was sad that Dean couldn't make it.  I knew we were planning on hiking up past Multnomah Falls to Wahkeena Falls and back to Multnomah Falls (8 miles) and Dean can't do that strenuous of a walk anymore.  It was nice to have two other dogs along though and nice to be able to chat up the people that went too.

It's going to start raining again tomorrow or maybe tonight.  It's okay though. I got my day in the sun.

What else?
The Portland Timbers are a MLS team now so tickets are a lot more expensive.  However, it's still fun to watch from a bar.  After hiking, I met Ashes, Victory, Atomic, Justin and later Arturo at Blitz in the Ladd to watch the game.  It would have been nicer if we could have got there earlier to watch the game from one of the couches in the bar but it was still great with the drinks not being as expensive as they are in the stadium.  Plus the stadium doesn't have Arnold Palmers with vodka!

No comments: