Sunday, February 20, 2011

walking thru trees




I am much more of a woodsman than I am a beach-bum.  90% of the appeal of staying at Crescent City was the Redwoods on the outskirts.  Dean's never hiked Redwoods and I haven't really either.  I've walked around in them when my housemates and I came down here a while back.  However, I really never got to hike around so Dean and I made it a priority.

Walking through the woods at the end of last years' vacation really put some tasty icing on top of an already sweet trip.  I had picked out the trail ahead of time though.  Today, Dean and I winged it and we ended up on Hiouchi Trail.  There's four different destinations for this trail.  I don't know which we ended up going towards but it was a nice walk.  The trees are amazing.  The second picture above is from inside a tree.  There were a lot of huge trees that you could walk through along the path.  I took a video of the walk too just for more an accurate representation of the walk because it was difficult with photograph to truly capture the enormity of the trees and the beauty of it all.
What else?
Before leaving, Dean and I hit the other side of the Crescent City coastline which was much more desirable of a beach but still didn't compare to the Redwoods.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Nice Dean pics! It looked like he was taking you for a walk.