Friday, February 25, 2011

how the pros do it

After writing my paper last week on my internship and my first mental health exam, I felt a renewed sense of purpose in my internship.  Today, I felt like I turned a new path too.  I sat in on a case manager doing a MH exam with a new youth.  It was a great opportunity to learn from people in the field who have been doing the work.  Um, I kind of feel like this is what I was supposed to be doing from the beginning.  Plus, I got to meet a new-to-me coworker.  I didn't have my regular work partner so I got a new guy.  I was less than impressed and then he copped an attitude minutes before he was going to leave.  Well, screw him.  First off, he was wrong, not only in the approach that he took with me but also in what he was pissed at me for.  Second, I'm not there to do that job or for him to train.  I got bigger fish to fry (and that's not a statement reflective of the little one pictured above.  He's just a fish at my internship that I interact with weekly and he was following me around.  Plus, it made a nice statement to tie in the picture.)

No comments: