Tuesday, February 8, 2011

a new man

Wow, this is what eight years of social work and activism will do to a guy. :)

I got my new license today.  It was something I've been dreading for a while because I wasn't pleased with my passport photo and I figured this one would be bad too.  I actually like the picture though.  However, I look like a guy who the younger me may have been afraid of.

I was also just pleased to get the license done.  Not only did I get it renewed (at a new-to-me DMV) but I got my car fixed finally (at a new-to-me mechanic) and I got my replacement phone in today!  Hells yeah!  To celebrate, I went to Crush to celebrate.  Comfrey met me there and so I ended up drinking more than I had planned.  And then I continued to go out.  It ended up being a Saturday night for me, a very awesome Saturday night.  I mean, damn, I have come a long way in eight years.  Some people fear growing older but I don't mind.  I think that I'm enjoying this year so far more than I have enjoyed things for a while.  With age come experience and knowledge and I take comfort in that.

No comments: