Thursday, February 17, 2011

thirty five


I was so busy getting down to California today that I completely glossed over the fact that it was my birthday.  I guess I’m going to be down here for a few days so I can just take it as a birthday weekend and treat myself right everyday.

For the first time today, I drove over Grant’s Pass (around a foot or so of snow), brought Dean to California for the 1st time, checked into a new vacation house and watched the sun set on the Cali coast.

It was a long day with a hefty drive but it was really relaxing.  Still, I think that I may change it up next year.  Maybe I’ll just stay in Portland for the day and take it easy without the long drive and the concern over the unknown.

Even though I’m crossing a milestone of sorts into my mid to late thirties, I’m really not concerned about age.  It’s just a number and I’ve had a damn good year.  If this is what age continues to bring, I will relish growing older.

No comments: