Sunday, February 6, 2011

babgy hot springs

 Today was a trek to a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Earlier this week, there was some chatter about going to Bagby Hot Springs over the weekend.  I had already decided that I was going to take it easy to recover from my sickness.  However, since I had two good mornings, waking up feeling great, I put myself back in the game.

Justin, Ashes, Victory, Raven and I all headed to Bagby which none of us had been to before.  We got very lost.  I don't know how we got lost this bad because there was a sign pointing right along the paved road which guided up right to the trailhead.  However, somehow we ended up all the way out on highway 63, taking back roads (where I swear to Gawd I saw a deer skeleton.  It was there when we drove up the path but I couldn't see it when we came back down.  It made for a fun, scary moment though!)
 When we found the right road, we had a mile and a half to walk through these gorgeous woods to the Springs.  The water was this odd color of bluish green and everything was so peaceful.
 When we arrived at the Springs, all of the tubs that were open were taken.  Apparently, this location is being privatized and remodeled.  I'm glad we could get there when it was still a public run attraction.  Raven and I each took our own little tub rooms to soak in while we all waited for the bigger tubs to open up.  However, the little tubs, which were carved out of logs, took a while to fill up and were too hot.  Right after I tried and failed to stick my foot in the tub, Justin came over and said a big tub had opened up.
It's hard to sum up the level of ease and comfort that sitting in a naturally heated wooden tub with friends in the cool and deep outdoors.  It is definitely a destination that I want to visit again, especially now that I know how to get there.  Although, I think that our adventure of getting lost today added to the satisfaction of finally sitting in that fabulous hot spring water.  (I put the rest of the pics on Flickr here)

No comments: