Saturday, February 5, 2011

green screen of death

I was forced off the grid today by my phone.  After visiting the Nikkei museum, we went to the arcade for a quick visit and my phone appeared like this.  I didn't drop it or get it wet.  It just decided that it was done.

I was already downtown so I ordered another one from Verizon for free but it had to ship to me and may not be here for a few days so until then, I'm on my own in the world.  The kick-in-the-pants is that it's also my MP3 player.  That's what I get for putting all my devices in one basket.

While I miss walking with my music, I have to say that my phone picked an okay time to go offline as I was planning on hermitizing this weekend anyway for health reasons.  The problem came this evening when I was home alone and didn't want to leave the house but I needed food.  I twittered my phone order to Ashes and had his phone it in from Gresham.  It's the first time I've had food ordered for me from another town.  Well, this time away from my phone will either make me more self-reliant or it will make me appreciate my droid more when I get it back.

No comments: