Thursday, February 3, 2011

making sacrifices

I feel reassured today that I am in my job for the mission as I was willing to put myself out there (as well as just about all of my co-workers) to defend one of my fav clients, 'M' from my bosses today.  This is the same guy that sings Sweet Caroline, steals cops' markers and throws his notebook in my face.  Out of the blue, my bosses have listened to some of my co-workers and decided that this wasn't the right program for my guy.  Therefore, almost everyone's neck was on the chopping block as I prepared my arguments to keep him.

I stayed up last night and wrote down my main points so I could deliver a concise argument.  In those points were other people's names, people that I believe have failed 'M' recently, causing his outbursts.  Fortunately, I made a good enough case without having to make any real sacrifices.  However, I would have.  This guy has nowhere else to go due to his past behaviors.  He is also like over 50% of the reason I love my job.  When he has a stellar day, it can make up for a few rotten weeks for me.

I really hope that my argument worked.  My bosses pointed out that I'm not around very often right now between school and the internship which hasn't exactly helped 'M' because I would be the first person to respond to his bad day and take some 1:1 time with him.  Again, I'm not taking full responsibility for the situation that 'M' is in, like I didn't with my client yesterday at my internship.  However, with 'M', there's still a chance I could help him.

What else?
My new thing today was going with my housemates as they bought a different car.  Our house is not only built on an anthill but also a vortex that hastens car problems.  I hope the new one works out for them.

Speaking of car problems, my mechanic friend wasn't able to fix my car so I had to call a dealership today.  The car needs to be on a lift in order to access the starter.  I'm glad that I didn't wait until the last minute to try to get it fixed.

No comments: