Wednesday, April 28, 2010

a real gift

(there's no purpose behind the picture.  I just hadn't used it yet and thought it was cute.)
I got my paper back from my professor today through the PSU student webmail.  It's nice that she is really doing all she can to go paperless.  That's just one reason to like her.  Another is that she gave me a 96% on my paper!  Honestly, it's better than I thought I deserved.  I think she would have given me 100% except cited (incorrectly, according to her) two websites in my paper but I didn't list them in my references list.  It was a mistake that I am kicking myself for and I'd almost like to resubmit the paper to her.  However, I think I'll take my 96% and run.  The best part was the comments she made in the paper.  She stated that a phrase I wrote was 'Wonderfully written."  She added, "You have a real gift."  That's so damn nice to hear.  I've heard that she was a hard grader and she appears tough but I've gotten a 100% on the presentation from her and a 96% on my paper so either she's not all that tough or I'm just that good. :)

The unfortunate thing about all of this was my paper's subject matter.  The subject was good but it's unfortunate that it is a subject.  I wrote the paper on the lack of recognition for people with developmental disabilities who are GLBTQ.  One client and the drag show is what inspired me to write about this issue.  I thought that eventually I could get a field placement through PSU at Bridges to Independence so I could learn more about how they are advocating to get people with DD who are GLBTQ recognized.  However, I found out today that Bridges is closing up shop on Friday due to financial problems and a whole lot of stupid bureaucracy.  Damn.  Well, that just means I'll have to pursue this line of advocacy on my own.

What else?
I woke up early this morning so I could get down to PSU to workout and use the hot tub.  It's a fine way to start a day!

I made it through the second item on the Homegrown Smoker menu which was the MacNnocheerto which is a burrito with their veggie bbq meat, totally baked beans, peppers, onions and vegan mac'n'cheese.  It wasn't the best thing every and I will probably never get it again because I think the other options on the menu have got to be better.

No comments: