Sunday, April 4, 2010

observing easter

I've spent this whole weekend (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday morning, afternoon and evening) studying.  The weird thing is I'm actually enjoying it.  My Human Behavior in the Social Environment: Macro Theory looks at the society's problems as society's fault and not necessarily the individual's fault.  I just read a few chapters about how capitalism is screwing everyone over except the wealthy.  It's cool because I've been studying this for the last eight years.  And my statistics class is actually not so bad.  I made a histogram today on my computer.  I like having concrete numbers and displaying them in the most effective way.  However, I needed to get out of my self-imposed tomb so, on the third day, I have risen.  (Yes, that's probably blasphemous but I'm not a religious person.)

Pictured above is the little bit of sunlight that I managed to see today.  My friend Jen was heading to the Observatory off SE Stark and 81st so I practically ran out the door to see her and not be in the house.  I walked 10 blocks to 39th Ave (Cesar Chavez Blvd) and caught the 75 bus.  As it was pulling up to my stop at Burnside, I saw that bus pull away so I fiercely walked around 45 blocks to the Observatory.  I'm lucky it did not rain.

Anyway, the Observatory was nice.  I'd definitely be going there more often if it wasn't so far away.  They had a drink called the Capricorn which was strawberry puree, vodka and something else with salt and peppercorns on the rim.  That drink will probably be what lures me back.

What else?
While at home, I did the first third of my take-home statistics test that's due at the end of the month.  After I finished that, I felt the need to instantaneously reward myself by watching 3 episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race.  I love this show.  It's put "fierce" in my lexicon and it got me through 45 blocks quickly as I did my best, fiercest strut the whole way. 

No comments: