Wednesday, April 21, 2010

let's talk about pecs

Working out started for me as such an difficult thing.  In high school, I remember our basketball team one year (either my sophomore or junior year) going to the gym one time as a team.  I had no clue what to do.  Shortly after senior year, my friend Jeff and I started going regularly.  I got a little more comfortable with the equipment then but still had absolutely no muscle tone.  When I went off to community college, I started going to the YMCA to continue to work out.  When I went to the University, I got a weight set from my parents which saw me through to the apartment complex gym in Portland.

People seem to have this fear of the gym.  They fear going into a gym and not being able to lift anything.  The pressure of wanting to not appear like a lightweight (or a no-weight) is legitimate but their body is not going to magically overnight transform into a buff, gym-ready machine, unless there's a radioactive spider bite involved. 

I'm not super-buff guy but I got me some pecs now.  However, it took years and years to get there.  I also don't want to impose any sort of social standard for health and appearance on anyone.  However, if people want the body but are afraid that they don't have the body enough to go out and try to get the body, then they're screwed until they get over it.

What else?

Madonna + Glee = gayoverload!  I watched the Glee Madonna episode all the way through twice just tonight, got the songs and then watched several clips over and over again.  It was just so damn entertaining.  I love the Glee songs usually but there's always a performance or two that I could do without.  However, this episode was just one gleeful moment after another! 

No comments: