Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the other half

When I was a kid, we moved to South Dakota for a year to live in Yankton.  One evening, we went to my dad's boss's place for a party one night.  Somehow, a bunch of us went into a hot tub that sat in a hilltop overlooking the city.  I remember thinking that it was truly how the other half lived.  I also assumed that I would be there someday.

Today, I went to my classmate Kim's house in Beaverton.  (The pic above is the result of a google search for Beaverton.  Props to the photographer mccun934.)  It was very beautiful and made me realize again how I don't live and how I probably will never live.  It's beautiful and I could see it working for people but not for me.  I don't think that I could have it even if I could afford it.  The indulgence of it all would be a constant source of guilt for me.  Kim's awesome and I think that she's put up with a lot in her life and is totally deserving of this space.  It's just not my endgame, at least not right now.

I went to Kim's place to work on a group presentation for this next week.  We've got this bigger idea for our presentation instead of just doing your standard powerpoint.  I don't know how I feel about it but my partners are confident so we'll give it a shot.

What else?
I did a lot of running around today.  I bussed downtown, went to class, walked up to one of my stores, came back to workout, went across the bridge to workout, headed back over to PSU to catch a ride to Beaverton and was there until 10pm.  I cannot wait for summer. 

No comments: