Monday, April 5, 2010

charting my course

I haven't taken a math class since college algebra in high school (14 years ago) and then I relied heavily on my friend Jeff.  I think I went into English to primarily avoid math.  Therefore, I wasn't thrilled when I found out I would have to take a statistics course.

So far, it hasn't been as bad as I originally anticipated.  It's mostly dealing with charts and a lot of it's done on the computer.  Today, we had our first class in the computer lab and got to work with a program that creates charts after you input the data.  I can't say that I really understood it all well but I think I got it just as much as anyone else did in the class.  We're social workers.  Math is not our friend.

What else?
I went to the Pizza Schmizza Pub near campus.  When I was walking by, some of my classmates from my culture class my first quarter were there.  I thought it'd be fun to join them but it really ended up being a lot of shit-talking, not just about professors but about other students.  It's good to know that I won't be missing anything if I don't go hang out with them again.  We don't want no drama.

I also got to watch 'Capitalism: A Love Story' in my Human Behavior class.  It made me appreciate my teacher infinitely more.

No comments: