Thursday, April 8, 2010

a cubicle with a view

While I worked in the retail side of my company, I was transferred roughly every six months to a new site.  It kept things fresh but then again it lacked needed stability.  When I took the case manager job, I finally knew where I was going to be stationed.  I've been in the same cubicle for the past three years.  It sounds monotonous and drab but I liked where I was.  There was a skylight above my desk, I wasn't out in the open for many people to walk by and I was in earshot of my supervisor so I could help her out or ask for her help without leaving my chair.

A month ago, they announced that we would be moving around.  I was very resistant but I also didn't have a choice.  I'm the most long term case manager so I got my pick of the open desks.  If I had to move, I was gonna take a window.  Today, I picked up my stuff and moved.  Within a half an hour after I unpacked, I started to dig my new setting.  Nothing like a big window view to give me a fresh perspective.

No comments: