Saturday, June 6, 2009

collectively speaking

Portland has so many awesome businesses that it's rather difficult to visit each one. For me, I have pretty much pledged allegiance to Seven Corners Bike Shop because Corey (the owner) has been there for me when I first got my bike, when I've wrecked my bike and when I've asked for donations. However, today I decided to explore other options and check out Citybikes.

Citybikes is a worker's collective bike shop. They have a new bike shop and a repair shop with a multitude of parts and unique accessories. I left my bike at work, locked outside for two days. When I went to retrieve it today, I found that the right handlebar grip was removed and someone had stolen my horn. Corey's shop didn't have any handlebar grips I liked so I went to Citybikes and found one that matched my bike perfectly.

I spent the day biking and walking around and ended up visiting two other collectives as well. I love Portland.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to A Better Cycle yesterday, and they were really cool and seated my stubborn tire. It's at 23rd and Division. Also a collective.