Thursday, June 4, 2009

success story

For my homework assignment yesterday, I wrote about one of my clients who went on a tour to a brokerage agency and picked up an application while we were there. I also wrote about how I don't do job placement (I do job training). However, today I just found out that this client GOT the job! I'm so thrilled for her. I can take some credit for it because I introduced her to the agency and took her on the initial tour. After that, our Job Connection and Employee Career Enhancement staff worked with her on developing her resume and preparing for the interview.

She's said for a while that she didn't like working here and wants to find an office job and now she finally has one. It feels great to know that I have made a significant positive influence on someone's life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a significant positive influence on everyone you know, Topher! Cheesy but true. You are a good egg.