Thursday, June 11, 2009

pedalpalooza 2009 kick-off




I love a good big bike ride! I haven't been this excited about a Pedalpalooza since I first got my bike in 2003! I plan to do a lot of events, as many as possible, and I plan to ride my bike a LOT more this summer.

I got started tonight with Pedalpalooza's Kick-Off ride! Since my handlebars are spray-painted gold, I decided to buy a gold-beaded vest at Goodwill and wear a maroon skirt and have a trojan thing going on. Sophia went poofy, wrapping puff balls around her bike and wearing a poofy scarf. There were many sound systems, tall bikes, kid's riding, streamers, screamers, a Barney costume and even a giant dual-bike hamster ball. Check out the You-Tube post! You can see us around the 37 second mark. The next two weeks are going to be great!

No comments: