Tuesday, June 16, 2009

connections made

I have several different nicknames. Some people may find that annoying but I find it helps to separate groups of friends; community college friends, Kearney work friends, activist friends, work friends, family friends, etc, etc. I don't usually have friends cross-over. Maybe it's just because different people know different stories. Maybe it's because I worry about personality types clashing. Maybe it's completely unfounded and neurotic. That's probably it.

Anyway, one of my friends, Jessica (from the University of Nebraska at Kearney [hi jess's brother]) was up from Nebraska today and we went out for drinks at Crush. There, we ran into one of my Portland friends so we just all hung out and talked. My worlds collided and it was really really nice. I also got a chance to meet one of her friends (and also went out to eat at Lemon Grass Thai for the first time) and found out that we probably took college courses together. AND I found out that another one of her friends moved to Portland and into an apartment complex that I lived in. I guess it is a small world out there so I better get used to friend groups overlapping. I think I'd like that to happen.

No comments: