Friday, March 13, 2009

j64






This just gets better every year. There's a belief amongst several of us that the J-parties will continue to happen long after the two J's have abandoned it. People will talk about it and a few will know the origins but everyone will know the drill.

I look forward to this every year. I have participants who have to have me repeat to them constantly throughout the year when their birthday is and what they will do on that day. Some of my co-workers think that it's obnoxious but then I think, wow, it's like the J-party. I look forward to the next one as soon as this year's is over.

Different from last year was the new location of Vino Vixens which worked out great. It also enabled a great procession march to the theater. The procession took over several lanes on Powell which is pretty frakking cool. However, it brought on at least twelve cops cars. Three of them followed the parade for a while and then turned away. Nine of them met us at the theater. No arrests were made and no fines were given though so it was, well, amazing.

I got to work my DJ skills a little more and I got some on the spot schooling. Once again, I'm excited for next year because I've got a whole year to hone my craft. Happy Birthday J and J!

No comments: