Friday, March 14, 2008

J32

This is my favorite party of the year. Like I said on Thursday’s post, every year it gets better. This year, it started off with a too-many-courses-to-count dinner. There were three main “flights” of the dinner. First was the Mediterranean flight. My favorite thing was blueberry couscous. It was absolutely divine. Then there was the Asian flight. There was something called Paiaia. I know I got that spelling wrong but it had noodles and fake fish and the most splendid taste. Damn, I do miss my fish. Then there was the Northwestern flight with the best pesto ever. However, that meal’s deal was sealed with espresso which kept me from slipping into a food coma. Overall, dinner lasted five freaking hours. That was five hours of wine and the best dining I can ever remember having. You know you’re being spoiled when you wish the food wasn’t SOOOO good and there wasn’t SOOOO much of it because you’re getting full too quickly!

I was up next. Along with two other guys (only one in the pic above), I DJ’ed the dance party at Flow Form. We had two projectors, one on either side of the DJ table, showing videos to draw people in. When they were on the dance floor, we cut out the videos, put on some rave-like visuals and I put on my mix. Unfortunately, dinner went a little overtime so we didn’t have time for my whole set. I had to cut it short which sucked at the time but oh well.

Then I got on the bus. Two vans, a bus from the March Forth Marching Band, multiple cars and a bike caravan carried everybody over to the Clinton Street Theatre where we watched the movie we made (see post on 1/30/08). T-shirts that we printed for the party were fought over and then we watched Reefer Madness. I was thrilled because it was our house’s nomination for the J-party movie. It was great to see it on the big screen.

Back in the bus and back to Flow Form. Joe Ball, one of the other DJ’s, did his thing for a while and then we switched over to finish my set. I only had ten minutes left of it though so I spent the rest of the night free-forming it. I actually enjoyed that a LOT more. I just wish I had my whole collection of music (786 songs 4.99 GB) with me. But I made the best of what I had available until 5 am.

I can’t wait for next year!

No comments: