Saturday, March 7, 2009

sk8r boi(s) (and girls)



Maybe I'm just trying to relive my youth but I had a damn good time today skating in Gresham's Skate World. I went with the rest of my house to Raven's cousin's birthday party.

My sister and I used to skate all of the time in Hartington, NE. We turned our garage into a roller skating rink. Skating for me was different from riding a bike because it was easier for me to bail into a lawn if things weren't going well.

At McCook Community College, some friends and I all got rollerblades and roller hockey sticks and would regularly play roller hockey at the tennis courts or in the parking lot of the dorms.

I don't own a pair of skates now but I'm thinking of changing that. Skating around falling children while listening to Avril Lavigne on a Saturday morning is just too damn fun! (But taking pictures while skating is hard!)

No comments: