Tuesday, March 31, 2009

free eats

I can warn you now that my next few posts will be on restaurants. Along with the training, I get meals paid for for the next three days. Honestly, that was a big plus for me when it came to agreeing to do this training. I'm all about the free food.

It's funny how, when money's not a factor, the options suddenly open up. Since I get a fair amount of food weekly in my food donations, I'm more likely to get creative cooking because I'm not out money if my cooking ends up sucking. The same thing goes with my lunch choices today. I was a lot more willing to be disappointed since I wasn't paying for it and boy, was I ever disappointed.

I went to Chino Sai-Gon. The place had only two real vegetarian options. I ended up getting the Charcoal Tofu over steamed rice. I specified that I didn't want fish sauce in it and I wanted it all vegetarian. Then I was given a cup of chicken and noodles soup as an appetizer. Sigh. The service was practically non-existent, the food was blah and the atmosphere was cliche' and minimalist. I found absolutely no reason to ever think about going back again or ever recommending the place to anyone but, hey, it was free.

No comments: