Saturday, May 31, 2008

whose v? rv!



You know how you get one set thing in your mind and everything that varies from that established norm can throw you off? Well, allow me to demonstrate. Camping involves tents, campfires, latrines, freedom and general discomfort. Well, for a while, I was thinking that we were going camping this weekend so the Nehalem Bay State Park really threw me off.

RV 'camping' is not camping in the traditional sense whatsoever. There are working bathrooms, you can refrigerate your food and cook it on a stove at your convenience. Plus dogs have to be on leash a lot of the time. It really threw me off for a while this weekend as we took Bertha Blue (the RV) out on her maiden voyage. I finally came around though when I accepted it as a vacation and not a camping trip.

For a vacation, taking the RV rocks. It gets you really really close to nature without all of the discomforts that come along with it. Plus we got to spend a lot of time on the beach and the beach has never been a part of my camping experience. I'm not sure if I'd do it again because I do enjoy roughing it but, hey, I do like new things.

No comments: