Wednesday, May 14, 2008

grunions


I like kids. They're funny little people that don't always know boundaries and the world is playground. I forget how restricted we can be as adults. It's good to have kids around to remind me of that. Mo, Dom's daughter, is one of the most daring and outspoken kids I know. I don't mean outspoken as a nice way of saying mouthy either. Mo is a darling little punk dressed like a pixie. I child-sat her today for the first time. I've hung out with her a lot before but today was the first day I was responsible for her. She was very sweet and polite and she sang a song about pooping lemons in a grind-core voice. Raven, Mo and I took Dean to the park and were mobbed by a zealous bunch of four-year olds. They took to Dean like a moth to the flame and showed no hesitation in quizzing me about everything. To them, the world, including me, is a story waiting to be told.

No comments: